Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things I Love Here

Here is a short update:

There are a few things that I really love about the place that I am living in. I have been blessed by having been placed into a place that I love.

I love the people, they are really friendly. I like to spend time with them and learn more about them and their culture.

I love the kids here. They are really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how they try to speak English to me when they see me walking by. I love being able to interact with them.

I also love all the kites that are flown here. At one time there will be about 15-20 kites in the sky. The kids here are amazing at flying kites. They make them from plastic bags that they find. They use sticks and string to build them. And they let them fly!!!! And the kite goes into the air 50-60ft. It is amazing to watch. I remember trying to fly kites back home, and finding it VERY hard. These kids make it seem really easy.

I also love the food. They eat a lot of bread, which they call 'nan'. It is round, and amazing!!! I know my brother Joe liked it when he was here. They also eat a lot of rice, it has raisins and meat. I really like the rice dish. And I get to eat it A LOT!!!!!

Well, I am off to bed now.

3 comments:

  1. Jaynie,

    Thanks for sharing more of the details of your life there. It does a mom's heart good to know her daughter is doing so well. I love you and miss you deeply!

    Forever praying for you,
    Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaynie,
    Big hugs from the Henns. I can picture you interacting with all of those kids. It makes me smile. By the way did you know Mr. Golden has a picture of you on his phone and everytime he answers it he thinks and prays for you. We have been getting to know him better as he has helped us with a home project!
    Love, Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jaynie,
    You don't know me, but I am praying for you.
    I'm not from the Middle East (I'm from India, originally, now in America) but we eat naan,too! I really like it as well

    ReplyDelete