Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Update


I was able to get Internet today, so I decided to update you all back home.


I have really enjoyed the adventures that I have had while I have been on this trip. There are so much new tastes, smells and sights. And I have been blessed by God in that I have had almost no problem with jetlag this trip, which is not a guarantee.

Some of my adventures have been like, sleeping on the roof of the house and getting to see the stars. I have also gotten to see camels. I know my mom was very excited about me seeing camels:) I will try to get a picture that is "blog worthy" because I don't have one right now.

One other adventure has been getting used to the clothes here. I think I could get used to them, they are not as bad as I thought, much better than some of the clothes we see in America. I have enjoyed getting to wear different styles from a different culture.

My dad and brother have left me to return to America. They stayed with me for 10 days which I consider a huge blessing to have been able to spend so much time with them. But I have to confess the good-byes were really hard to say. That is when the burqa could actually be helpfulJ I know that it is what God wants for me and that I actually want to be here right now. But it doesn’t make it any easier to say good-bye to your Daddy.

I did my first day of teaching today, and it went very well. The kids that I taught love to learn which makes it easier on me. I really love working with them, they have great understanding and love for what they are learning. I thought that it was a very productive day all-in-all. Tomorrow we will do one more day of school before the weekend.

I hope to start language lessons soon. I have some teachers in mind whom I have met and I like them a lot. So please pray for me as I try to learn a new language, working with people who know almost no English.

I would like to thank all of you for your prayers during this time in my life. I am so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. I know that your prayers are making a difference in this trip. I consider it a great honor to have such great prayer partners.

Jaynie

6 comments:

  1. thanks so much for updating Z! it's so good to hear how you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting started Z. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great talking to you tonight! Loved hearing the joy in your voice. We miss your laugh and your mischievousness! Praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, Zhenya! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and will pray that you can pick up some language--I have a new appreciation for that this week myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you so much! It was wonderful to hear about your adventures. God has granted you much purpose and joy already. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, so so so good to read your posts! What adventures await! All our love and The Fathers Blessing on your work!

    ReplyDelete