Friday, September 2, 2011

Adventures and Holidays


I have really enjoyed this holiday. During this holiday you go and visit your family and many of your friends. So for the last three days that is exactly what we did!


On Tuesday we visited two sets of people, one was my language teacher and all the women of the house. The women here are very friendly and generous. They prepare a feast for all their guests. The other was a friend who is very dear to the people who are here.


Then yesterday, which was Wednesday, we visited about 5 different families. I really enjoyed meeting all the people. They are really outgoing and love to talk. They love meeting new people and learning new things. During this time I have met some really amazing girls my age and I have loved spending time with them.


Then today we had visitors instead of being visitors, and I confess that I liked being the visitor rather than the one being visited. But many of the same girls that I met yesterday came today, which was fun. I was glad to see them once again. I was even able to talk to them a little today.


I am really excited to continue on with my language lesson, so that I on the next holiday which is in forty days I will be able to speak a bit more. My lessons start on Saturday, so please pray for me that I will be able to learn quickly and effectively.

Jaynie

2 comments:

  1. Jaynie, your siblings all gathered (minus Oksana) as I read this aloud. Thanks for keeping us posted (teehee--I couldn't resist the pun :)). We immediately stopped an prayed for your language learning and your general well being. We love you! Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely praying for you! What an amazing blessing. God is providing blessing in the midst of some comfort trials... it's plain to see which outweighs the other!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete